Tuesday, November 24, 2015


CHARACTER
Something We All Need...but desire the least


 As ministry leaders, character is what we need the most but desired least among us.  As we come into the acknowledgment of who God has called us to be, we suddenly realize that we have some serious character flaws.  What we soon discover is that character is simply a virtue that not everyone possesses.   One of the biggest character developments leaders need is patience.   

When I acknowledged my call of a prophet on my life, I thought I was to run out and prophesy to everyone I came in contact with.  Even though I've been serving God for over 20 years, what I didn't realize was that when it came to The Office of a Prophet, I was a novice.   A novice is someone who is inexperienced in a certain area.  What happened to me was the gift manifested itself before my character was developed and I was very immature, unaccountable and full of pride.   

When you are called to a certain ministry,  it's imperative to wait on the maturity.  This takes patience and much enduring of tests that the Lord will fashion you through.  This is where most of us miss it and get ahead of God's timing for our lives and we make a shipwreck of our call.   While the call is always on our lives, by rushing ahead of God we find ourselves having to go through things longer because of unwillingness to wait or exercise patience.

Today, I encourage everyone who is called to the 5-fold ministry and most specifically, those called to the Office of a Prophet, to allow your character to be matured and developed.  It's not as important that you prophesy as is it to prophesy at the proper time.  As you study many of the major prophets, God's process of training was strategic and timely.   He never sent anyone out ahead of his or her time.   

This is difficult for most who are called, because in many cases we don't answer the call on our lives until we are older.  Feeling the urgency to fulfill our purpose we have a tendency to want to hurry up and do what God has called us to do.   I assure you, God knows how much time you have and He will ensure that you will fulfill all that He has called you to do.   

Let patience have it's perfect work so that you may be perfect and mature wanting nothing. Character development is a lifetime event; however, there are some prerequisites that must be fulfilled before God feels you are ready.   Patience is one of them.  The reason we run ahead of God is because we don't want to wait.  However, it's essential to stay on the potter's wheel and allow God to develop us in the area of patience.  When God is finished with us we will gladly say, "It was worth the wait".  

God Bless


Kelly Jennings
Follow me on FaceBook at Prophetess K.Jennings-A Prophet's Place 
 Twitter @aprophetsplace 

No comments: